hot pepper chicken soup by the village inn
- 3 large onions chopped
- 2 cups jalapenos coarsely chopped
- 2 cups hot cherry peppers coarsely chopped
- Chicken stock
- 24 oz. cream cheese
- 2 lbs Yancey's Fancy Habanero-Jalapeno cheddar
- 1 lb pepper jack
- 1 1/2 pounds roux
- 3 cups cooked chicken cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh garlic
- 2 oz. Franks hot sauce
- 1 quart heavy cream
- Celery salt and pepper to taste
- In large sauce pot combine onions, and peppers and cook until soft.
- Add 2 gallons chicken stock with celery salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- While boiling, add cream cheese cut into cubes and whisk until fully
- Slowly add roux until thickened.
- Add shredded cheeses (including Yancey's Habanero and Jalapeno cheddar) and
whisk again until combined.
- Add 1 quart heavy cream, and chopped garlic along with the Franks hot sauce.
- Re-season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Add chicken.
Print This Recipe