Beef on Weck Soup by Comfort Zone
- 4 tbsp Margarine/Butter
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1/4 tsp caraway seeds
- 1/3 cup of flour
- 1/2 lb of beef top round, shredded
- 2.5 cups of beef broth (including cooking liquid from the beef)
- 1 cup of Half & Half
- 4 1/4 oz. of Yancey's Fancy Wasabi Cheese, grated finely
- Weck Roll Croutons (recipe below)
- Coarse salt
- In a pressure cooker - cook beef
top round with water for approximately 40 minutes.
- In a separate pot - melt margarine, add onions and caraway seeds. Cook until
onions are translucent.
- Whisk flour into onion/margarine mixture.
- Once beef has finished cooking and pressure is released, remove beef, reserve
the cooking liquid.
- Add beef cooking liquid into flour/onion mixture, whisk thoroughly until mix is
smooth. (Note: if you do not have 2.5 cups of cooking liquid supplement
with beef broth)
- Let cook until base starts to thicken and boil.
- Stir in Half & Half
- Once soup is heated through, slowly add grated cheese, stir constantly
- Season with Salt and Pepper as desired.
- Portion into bowls - top with weck croutons & coarse salt.
- Chop up 1 weck roll. Toss with
1tbsp oil. Add additional coarse salt and caraway seeds if desired.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 20 minutes (or until golden and crispy)
- Stir once during baking.
Print This Recipe